Join Our Team
With a people-first culture, we encourage and support employee engagement and empowerment. We are committed to creating a dynamic and collaborative environment that supports and rewards creativity, innovation and enthusiasm. We recognize the wisdom that, when one of us thrives, we all thrive.
Interested in joining our amazing team, please submit your resume to . Are you in?
Current Job Openings
Location: San Diego, CA 92121 or Roseville, MN 55113
Position: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $61,000 to $74,000
Area(s) of Expertise Desired: Fermentation technology, experimental design and data analysis, microbial genetics, and physiology.
Job Code: NU2340
Nucelis LLC, a subsidiary of Cibus, is a leading metabolic engineering company in San Diego, CA, utilizing synthetic biology to deliver high-value, performance-focused and sustainably sourced ingredient solutions for personal care, nutrition and flavor and fragrance markets. Commercially valuable microbial and plant strains are constructed using our proprietary RTDS™ technology and have produced our first family of products. We are seeking a highly capable and energetic analytical research associate (RA or Senior RA) that is willing to work as part of a team to isolate, identify, quantify, and characterize natural products from our engineered systems. This role will require routine execution of established analytical protocols and the ability to work independently as we support company-wide research projects in the analysis of plant and fermentation analytes. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with analytical instrumentation (GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC) and experience with natural product identification, quantification, and characterization and/or have a desire to gain significant experience in these areas.
- Extraction, purification, and analysis of target chemistries from plant and fermentation matrices. This may include supporting bench to pilot-scale procedures.
- Purify and characterize small organic molecules using TLC, semi-preparative column chromatography, HPLC, GC/MS, LC/MS, and other instruments/techniques with the guidance of team members.
- Maintain currency in Lab Safety in accordance with company policy and contribute towards the broader Cibus Safety initiatives.
- Investigate, draft, and revise methods, protocols, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), with guidance.
- Maintain an accurate account of lab activities and procedures in written and/or digital formats according to Chemistry Team guidelines.
- Analyze results, generate reports, and communicate results of your work with corresponding project and functional teams.
- Complete routine instrument maintenance including instrument priming and troubleshooting, and coordination of internal/external service for lab instrumentation.
- Contribute towards the organization, acquisition, and documentation of chemical and consumables inventory.
- Be an enthusiastic colleague and active contributor to the efforts of our Chemistry Team.
Required Experience and Skills:
- BS/BA or MS in Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
- Familiarity with fundamental analytical techniques and instrumentation including an understanding of LC and GC separations coupled with various detectors (FID, UV-Vis, DAD, and MS).
- Ability to follow written procedures and SOPs for sample preparation, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work within a team setting.
- Ability to collect, process, analyze, and present data.
- Good chemical hygiene when working with laboratory reagents.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to be independent, adaptable, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- A willingness to work at the bench or in a fume hood for most of the day.
Additional but not required skills:
- 1+ years of experience in a laboratory setting (industrial or academic), specifically working with HPLC, LC/MS, and GC/MS equipment.
- Experience in the operation, method development and maintenance of LC and GC equipment.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. above shoulder level.
Ability to be independent, self-motivated, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
Cibus/Nucelis provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, flexible spending, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to email@example.com and put down job code: NU2340.
Only candidates with work authorization in the United States will be considered.
Nucelis is an equal opportunity employer.