We are committed to creating a dynamic and innovative environment that supports and rewards creativity, innovation, enthusiasm, and vision. We recognize the wisdom that, when one of us thrives, we all thrive. We hope to provide to you an atmosphere where you will feel comfortable exploring, analyzing, and contributing.
With a people-first culture, we encourage and support employee engagement and empowerment. This provides daily opportunities to have a positive influence on our colleagues, our environment and the success of the Company.
We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- 401(k) Plan
- Voluntary Additional Insurance Benefits
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Recognition Programs
- On-Site Fitness Center
Interested team members should submit their credentials to . Are you in?
6465 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
From time to time Nucelis has temporary positions available. If you are interested in a temporary position, please e-mail your resume to .
Nucelis is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Job Openings
Location: San Diego, California 92121
Reports to: Full-Time, Regular Employee
Required Education: B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Microbiology or Fermentation Science
Job Code: FE1801
Nucelis LLC is looking for an experienced fermentation Senior Research Associate to join our fermentation process development team. This person will help run lab and pilot scale fermentations, collect and process samples, operate some analytical equipment, prepare fermentation experiment documents, and participate in data analysis and process development/improvement discussions. Nucelis is focused on delivering naturally sourced and sustainable solutions to the personal care, nutrition and flavor and fragrance markets. Nucelis’ business model is to work with partners to apply our Rapid Trait Development System RTDS™ a suite of proprietary, non-GMO precision gene editing technologies, coupled with extensive fermentation and downstream process development expertise to improve the economics of manufacture of microbial fermentation products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running lab scale (and pilot scale as needed) fermentations, including media preparation, sampling, process monitoring, and data recording/analysis. Respond to out-of-spec fermentation parameters in a timely manner, troubleshoot equipment or process issues and provide solutions.
- Process and run fermentation analytical samples including OD600, Gallery (glycerol, ammonium, glucose) analysis, and HPLC analysis. Maintain and design fermentation run documentation including batch sheets, log sheets, and run data analysis sheets.
- Contribute to fermentation process improvement activities using a data driven approach.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with strain development and downstream process development teams to ensure strong linkages between fermentation and upstream and downstream technology functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, Microbiology, Fermentation Science, or related field with at least 2 years of fermentation experience is required.
- Experience setting up and operating lab scale bioreactors such as Bioflo 310s, DasGip, and Dasbox units is required. Fermentation Pilot Plant experience is desired
- Ability to prepare and follow fermentation batch sheets detailing media recipes is required.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule working an offset shift part of the week to expand coverage of fermentations.
- Good sterile technique is required.
- Experience operating analytical equipment including HPLC, Gallery autoanalyzer or similar equipment is desired.
Nucelis LLC provides an attractive compensation and benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave. If you enjoy working as part of a team and want to participate in this exciting research, please e-mail resume to referencing job code: FE1801.
Only candidates with work authorization in the United States will be considered.
It is imperative that you read the following policy before contacting us:
Cibus’ Human Resources Department is the focal point for all recruiting and hiring at the Company. If your recruitment agency is interested in establishing a relationship with Nucelis, we require that you work directly with the Human Resources Department.
Presenting candidates to Nucelis employees other than those who are part of our Human Resources Department is not appropriate.
Nucelis does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. For the protection of all parties involved in the recruiting process, resumes will only be accepted from a recruitment firm if a signed agreement is in place with that firm at the inception of the recruiting effort for each specified position. An unsolicited resume sent to Nucelis from a recruiter does not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter/recruitment firm and Nucelis, and does not obligate Nucelis to pay fees if we hire the candidate.
For consideration, please send your company information, a copy of your standard search agreement, and references to or mail to:
Human Resources Department
6455 Nancy Ridge Drive
San Diego, CA 92121.